The Utility Associate is involved in general and detailed cleaning of the warehouse facility.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time. Adheres to company policies and departmental guidelines.
- Observes all safety and sanitation rules and regulations.
- Performs general cleaning in all areas of the warehouse requiring operation of a pallet jack to collect recyclable cardboard, stretch wrap, and pallets, and to dispose trash. Must be able to perform the physical requirements exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly.
- Performs detailed sweeping, cleaning, and scrubbing of all areas of the Warehouse.
- Cleans up product spills as required, and reports distressed product to the supervisor on duty.
- Ensures proper separation and isolation of recycling commodities.
- Performs regular cleaning and sanitization of damaged product containers.
- Responsible for cleaning of all cleaning equipment and machines.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQURIED TO PERFORM JOB: This position is considered an unskilled position. This is considered heavy work according to the Department of Labor Weight Classifications. Frequent to constant standing, lifting, handling, stooping, walking, carrying, kneeling, seeing, pushing, bending, reaching, motor coordination and manual dexterity in operation of equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Exposure to cleaning chemicals as defined in the Hazard Communication manual. Refrigerated, freezer and dry warehouse environmental working conditions. Temperatures ranging from 35 degrees and -8 degrees. Busy, noisy warehouse environment. Exposure to vibration in operation of equipment.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQURIED TO PERFORM JOB: High School Education or equivalent preferred. One year general cleaning or sanitation experience preferred.
Important Disclaimer Notice: The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. PDI reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business, competitive considerations or the work environment change.
To Apply: go to PDI’s website click on “Employees”, login as an employee, look under the section “Internal Job Information”, click on the job title to review the position or click on “Apply for Position”, enter your information, and hit “Submit Application.”