JOB OPPORTUNITY Part-time Security Officer
Fri, Sat, Sun 6:00 a.m. - 2 p.m.
$15.00 Start Rate
The Security Officer insures the safety and security of all PDI buildings and sensitive areas. The Officer observes and reports for correction of any and all safety, security and policy violations.
1. Must be able to perform the physical requirements exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or great than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly. Could be called upon at any time to render aid in an emergency or crisis situation requiring medium to heavy lifting and physical fitness.
2. Reports to work when scheduled and on time. Adheres to company policies and departmental guidelines.
3. Monitors all inbound and outbound vehicle traffic and outside carrier’s properly using dispatch application program, ensuring information is entered correctly and direction is given in a professional manner. Verifies seals, padlocks, trailer numbers and contents, load information as required. Provides direction and information to PDI drivers. Instructs all non-PDI drivers on pertinent procedures.
4. Performs security tours through the distribution center, parking lot and around campus perimeter, using security tour verification system. Makes sure the building and doors are secure for the protection of assets and employees. Reports any suspicious activity to management. Monitors and reports adverse weather and road conditions.
5. Welcomes, registers, and directs visitors as needed. Checks visitors in and out during off hours using the Easy Lobby software. Issues temporary security cards, enters and deactivates security cards, and monitors card access system. Maintains log for temporary security cards that are issued. Assists and monitors employees at all access points into the building.
6. Prepares and submits detailed watch report for each shift worked. Completes incident reports when required. Completes any written reports as required, or directed by management.
7. Monitors fire and security alarm systems and responds to those alarms appropriately. If necessary, secures the facility to prevent damage, injuries, or loss of property or merchandise.
8. Conforms to uniform dress and appearance requirements per Security SOP.
9. Checks in and instructs employees picking up employee purchase.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQURIED TO PERFORM JOB:
Must have a valid driver’s license. Must have strong attention to detail and ability to solve practical problems. Must have the ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures, counting and recording. Must have the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information. This is considered a skilled position requiring significant judgment. This is considered medium work according to the Department of Labor Weight Classifications with primary functions being light in nature. Frequent to constant listening, talking, hearing, walking, standing, handling, seeing, bending, lifting of product, dealing with and influencing people.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQURIED TO PERFORM JOB:
High school diploma or GED required. One to three years of military, police, law enforcement or similar work related experience preferred. Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check annually. Must have no restrictions preventing the carry and use of fire arms. Must be able to be trained and certified in CPR and AED use.
A pre-employment physical, drug screen, lifting test and background check are required. EOE.
PDI is a drug-free workplace and therefore prohibits the use of alcohol, illegal drugs, or any controlled substance other than an authorized prescription drug on company property. PDI conducts post offer drug screen as part of the employment process