PART-TIME SALVAGE ASSOCIATE!
24 - 28 HOURS WK BUILD YOUR OWN SCHEDULE $17.00 hour start
PDI, a subsidiary of Hy-Vee has an immediate opportunity for Part-time Salvage Associate.
- Must be able to maintain the physical requirements. Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly according to the Department of Labor.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time. Observes work breaks, and adheres to department attendance guidelines and all company policies. Must adhere to warehouse attendance policy.
- Observes sanitation in the handling of product and reports spillage or distressed product to a supervisor. Performs general housekeeping duties as required.
- Operates powered industrial equipment, demonstrating caution and complies with safety rules and regulations in all aspects of the daily job requirements.
- Performs sorting, storing, and loading of pallets.
- Performs sorting, staging of bread trays, totes, and RPC’s.
- Performs general utility and grounds maintenance as needed.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQURIED TO PERFORM JOB:
- Pallet jack and forklift certified or will train
- Good understanding of warehouse operation
- Compliance with safety and sanitation programs and standards
- This position is considered an unskilled position. This is considered heavy work according to the Department of Labor Weight Classifications Frequent to constant standing, lifting, handling, stooping, walking, carrying, kneeling, seeing, pulling, climbing, hearing, speaking, pushing, bending, and reaching. Frequent to constant matching accurately and quickly, motor coordination and manual dexterity.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to operate warehouse industrial equipment.
Note: For the safety of the Warehouse Selector and his/her co-workers, the Warehouse Selector must be able to hear equipment, co-workers, and warning signals (i.e. horn or warning shout). Hearing must be satisfactory in both ears due to the requirement of wearing a headset covering one ear and listening for environmental sounds with the other ear.
- Refrigerated, freezer and dry warehouse environmental working conditions.
- Temperatures ranging from 35° to -8°. Must adhere to work schedule working week nights and weekends. Busy, noisy warehouse environment Ambient outside temperatures in dry warehouse.
- High school or equivalent preferred.
Important Disclaimer Notice: The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. PDI reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business, competitive considerations or the work environment change.
PDI Offers: - Competitive Pay, Full Benefits Package, Quarterly Bonus, 401k match, 10% Employee Discount
If you have any question, please contact Leigh Walters at 515-965-6327