The Accounting Supervisor is a salaried position. This person is responsible for all aspects of employee payroll system and supervises the accounts payable staff.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time. Adheres to company policies and departmental guidelines.
- Responsible for all aspects of employee payroll for the corporation, ranging form time records to W-2’s.
- Responsible for compiling and submitting employee health benefit elections. Remits payment to various insurance entities and balances related general ledger accounts.
- Generates reports on a weekly basis: payroll register, federal and state tax information reports, quarter-to-date tax report, federal/state withholding report, and reconciliations.
- Performs time clock changes and maintenance.
- Responsible for daily transactions, reconciliations, and balances of cash accounts.
- Prepares monthly standard journal entries for cash accounts and reconciles general ledger balances to cash book balances.
- Performs monthly analyses and monitors several balance sheet and income statement accounts on a regular basis for accuracy.
- Performs employee development of accounts payable personnel through supervision, goal setting, performance review, disciplinary action, and training of accounts payable staff.
- Monitors Utility invoices, assures proper classification, and prepares expense accrual work papers.
- Supervises preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual sales and use tax returns. Responsible for maintenance of sales tax rate tables.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQURIED TO PERFORM JOB: Good supervisory and leadership abilities. Excellent understanding of accounting, bookkeeping, and payroll principles. Good problem solving, organization, attention to detail and follow through skills. Data entry, word processing, and spreadsheet abilities. Constant handling of confidential information and documentation. This is considered sedentary to light in nature according to the Department of Labor Weight Classifications. This is considered a semi-skilled position. Frequent to constant handling of papers, full reaching motions occur, constant listening, talking or hearing.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Office (climate controlled). Business casual attire. May be required to go across warehouse dock to warehouse office while encountering cold temperatures (35°) and warehouse conditions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
Two-year accounting degree or equivalent preferred. Proven supervisory experience. Two years minimum in accounting department and payroll required.
Important Disclaimer Notice: The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. PDI reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business, competitive considerations or the work environment change.