SUNDAY, MONDAY, SATURDAY STARTING AT 5 P.M.
The Custodian is responsible for general and detailed cleaning of the office, restrooms, conference rooms, locker rooms, and break rooms. Can be flexible with work schedule!
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time. Adheres to company policies and departmental guidelines.
- Completes general cleaning for office, restroom facilities, break rooms, conference rooms, and locker rooms, including but not limited to vacuuming, dusting, emptying trash, collecting recyclables, cleaning glass, fixtures, washing, and buffing.
- Completes general cleaning of carpets on a regular basis which includes daily maintenance of spot cleaning and regular maintenance of bonnet buffing and extracting.
- Performs detailed project cleaning in offices, restrooms, break rooms, conference rooms, locker rooms, and entry ways including but not limited to washing walls, windows, cleaning vents, ceiling tiles, base boards, cleaning grout, drinking fountains, desks, chairs, table legs, tops of offices, fixtures.
- Completes floor maintenance of hard surface floors requiring stripping, waxing, and buffing.
- Completes light general maintenance including but not limited to: changing light bulbs and general office repairs with hand tools.
- Performs periodic floor drain maintenance as scheduled.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQURIED TO PERFORM JOB: Must be self-motivated with special attention to detail. Physical coordination and strength, manual dexterity, and motor coordination. This is an unskilled position requiring constant standing, lifting, stooping, handling, walking, pushing, pulling, kneeling, bending, and seeing. The primary functions are light to medium in nature according to the Department of Labor Weight Classifications.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Exposure to cleaning chemicals as defined in the Hazard Communications manual. Exposure to vibration in operation of equipment. Exposure to cold temperatures, warehouse conditions, and outside conditions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB: High school education or equivalent preferred. 1-2 years custodial experience preferred.