STARTING WAGE FOR PT IS $18.00 PER HOUR!
IF YOU WORK 16 HOURS OVER THE WEEKEND, RATE IS $20.00!
WITH WEEKLY INCENTIVE EARN UP TO $4 PER HOUR MORE!!!
PDI, a subsidiary of Hy-Vee has an immediate opportunity for Part-time Warehouse Selectors.
- Must be able to maintain the physical requirements. Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly according to the Department of Labor.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time. Observes work breaks, and adheres to department attendance guidelines and all company policies. Must adhere to warehouse attendance policy.
- Observes sanitation in the handling of product and reports spillage or distressed product to a supervisor. Performs general housekeeping duties as required.
- Operates powered industrial equipment, demonstrating caution and complies with safety rules and regulations in all aspects of the daily job requirements.
- Must maintain expected levels of performance in productivity and quality according to Standards Program.
- Selects product for shipment by safely operating stand-up rider pallet jack and utilizes a voice activated unit (VAU) directing employee to the correct pick slot. Validates selection by speaking check digit into headset of the VAU matching description and quantity.
- Builds pallets accurately and efficiently by stacking product to ensure product integrity and transport stability. Stretch wraps product on pallet, places batch label on front of stretch wrap and stages product on loading dock.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQURIED TO PERFORM JOB:
- Ability to read and speak English.
- After initial training period must be able to meet 90% of engineered standard for productivity and 100% quality.
- This position is considered an unskilled position. This is considered HEAVY LIFTING in nature according to the Department of Labor Weight Classifications. Frequent to constant standing, lifting, handling, stooping, walking, carrying, kneeling, seeing, pulling, climbing, hearing, speaking, pushing, bending, and reaching. Frequent to constant matching accurately and quickly, motor coordination and manual dexterity.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to operate warehouse industrial equipment.
Note: For the safety of the Warehouse Selector and his/her co-workers, the Warehouse Selector must be able to hear equipment, co-workers, and warning signals (i.e. horn or warning shout). Hearing must be satisfactory in both ears due to the requirement of wearing a headset covering one ear and listening for environmental sounds with the other ear.
- Refrigerated, freezer and dry warehouse environmental working conditions.
- Temperatures ranging from 35° to -8°. Must adhere to work schedule working week nights and weekends. Busy, noisy warehouse environment Ambient outside temperatures in dry warehouse.
- High school or equivalent preferred.
Important Disclaimer Notice: The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. PDI reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business, competitive considerations or the work environment change.
Build Your Own Schedule
Hours needed are: Friday and Sunday, additional hours available
Monday – Friday: Hours available: after 10:00 a.m. (5, 6, 7 or 8 hour shifts)
Saturday and Sunday hours: Hours available after 9:00 a.m. (5, 6, 7 or 8 hour shifts)
*Part-time hours are not guaranteed.
*Regular work schedule subject to change according to business needs.
*Part-time selectors will be scheduled to work less than 30 hours per week.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT TESTS REQUIRED: A pre-employment physical, drug screen, lifting, hearing test and background check are required.
WAGE: $18.00 PER HOUR
If work 16 hours between Friday and Sunday, $18.00 + $2.00 weekend premium = $20.00 PER HOUR
With Weekly Incentive Pay up to $22.00
PDI is a drug-free workplace and therefore prohibits the use of alcohol,
illegal drugs, or any controlled substance other than an authorized
prescription drug on company property. PDI conducts post offer drug
screen as part of the employment process.