PDI, a Hy-Vee distribution center in Ankeny, IA has an opportunity summer for a paid Warehouse Operations Intern position working May, 2023 - August, 2023 Monday through Friday 40 hours per week. The following partial job description explains this position.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time. Adheres to company policies and departmental guidelines.
- Spends time in various roles learning about warehouse operations.
- Successful candidates will work with management and company employees to learn daily processes within PDI’s supply chain.
- Analyzes projects related to warehouse efficiencies, including expenses by pieces of equipment.
- Develops key performance indicator scorecards for supervisor evaluations, obtains employee feedback and assists with training.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Strong academics
- Experience with team leadership and teamwork, especially outside the classroom
- Skilled in the following applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
- Experience with problem solving and organization
- Ability to be successful in a fast-paced environment
- Relationship-building skills
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQURIED TO PERFORM JOB: A strong background in warehouse operations or logistics is preferred. Ability to make decisions, meet deadlines, deal with interruptions, and problem solving skills. Basic computer skills, Microsoft office, 10 key, administrative skills. Administrative, organizational, attention to detail and follow through ability. Must possess excellent verbal communication, phone etiquette, and interpersonal skills and customer relations abilities. This is considered sedentary to light in nature according to the Department of Labor Weight Classifications with primary functions being sedentary in nature. Frequent handling, grasping, pinching, full reaching motions occur, listening, talking, hearing, fingering of paper, files and use of computer requiring finger dexterity.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQURIED TO PERFORM JOB: Qualifications include working toward, or recently acquired, a degree in Supply Chain Management and/or Logistics.
For this position, we also require you to send or attach your resume along with a cover letter, and official or unofficial transcript to your application. If you have questions about the position, please contact Janel Mortale at (515) 965-6330, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention in your cover letter or resume the date you will be ready to enter the work force upon graduation.
A pre-employment drug screen and background check are required. EOE
Important Disclaimer Notice: The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. PDI reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business, competitive considerations or the work environment change.
PDI is a drug-free workplace and therefore prohibits the use of alcohol, illegal drugs, or any controlled substance other than an authorized prescription on company property. PDI conducts post offer drug screen as part of the employment process.