WANT TO WORK ONLY 4 DAYS PER WEEK?
HIRING IMMEDIATELY FOR A FULL-TIME TECH!!
TUESDAY - FRIDAY 6:00PM - 4:30AM
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time. Adheres to company policies and departmental guidelines.
- Observes all safety and sanitation rules and regulations.
- Performs heavy work exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly.
- Performs preventative maintenance on vehicle fleet including but not limited to: company cars, pick-up trucks, shag truck, refrigeration units, and semi-tractor trailers. Maintains appropriate documentation on work performed.
- Diagnoses problems and performs repairs and/or part replacement submitting documentation of work performed and associated costs.
- Conducts inspections on equipment to meet federal guidelines and documents accordingly.
- Diagnoses and repairs electrical systems using computer and scanners. Installs and repairs onboard computer system.
- Performs body work on vehicles involved in minor accidents.
- Maintains a clean and neat work area and performs general clean-up.
- May be called upon to respond to service calls from drivers out on the road to repair breakdowns.
- Test drives equipment assist with diagnosis of problem and to determine if problems have been corrected.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB: Valid CDL license preferred and ability to operate a semi-tractor trailer. DOT certified. Ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects at one time. Able to solve practical problems with a variety of variables. Ability to perform data entry in to computer system. Ability to perform general math. Demonstrates ability to perform tractor-trailer preventative maintenance and general repairs on all equipment. Must provide own hand tools. Primary responsibilities require occasional very heavy lifting of parts and frequent medium to heavy lifting according to the Department of Labor Weight Classifications. This is a skilled position requiring repetitive motion, manual and motor coordination, and finger dexterity, grasping, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling, squatting, crawling, handling, carrying, climbing, balancing, driving, sitting, moving mechanical parts, talking, hearing, and visual acuity.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB: Must be AC certified on tractors. High school education required. Technical certification or trade school degree in truck and trailer maintenance or equivalent experience preferred. Trailer refrigeration certification or equivalent experience preferred. Valid Class A CDL license preferred. 1 year minimum experience as a Diesel Technician or related work preferred.
Schedule & Wage Info:
Tuesday - Friday 6:00PM- 4:30AM
3 LEVELS FOR WAGES -- COMMENSURATE FOR EXPERIENCE!
Level 1 starts @ $22.50/hour
Level 2 starts @ $26.50/hour
Level 3 starts @ $29.00/hour
- Get $0.50 raises every 6 months with good performance until reach the top of the wage scale then receive yearly increases
- Pay time and a half for any hours over 40
- Quarterly bonus checks!
- Get paid every Wednesday
- Full benefits package
- $1.50 night shift premium
Important Disclaimer Notice: The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. PDI reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business, competitive considerations or the work environment change.
CLICK BELOW TO APPLY