Sunday, Monday, Saturday - starting at 5 p.m. - 20-28 hours
PDI has an immediate job opportunity for a part-time Custodian working 20-28 hours per week. The Custodian is responsible for general cleaning of office, traffic control center, restrooms, conference rooms, locker rooms and break rooms. The following partial job description explains this position.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time. Adheres to company policies and departmental guidelines.
- Completes general cleaning for office, traffic control center, restroom facilities, break rooms, conference rooms and locker rooms including but not limited to: vacuuming, dusting, emptying trash, collecting recyclables, cleaning glass, fixtures, washing and buffing.
- Completes general cleaning of carpets on a regular basis which includes daily maintenance of spot cleaning and regular maintenance of bonnet buffing and extracting.
- Performs detailed project cleaning in offices, restrooms, break rooms,conference rooms, locker rooms and entry ways including but not limited to; washing walls, windows, cleaning vents, ceiling tiles, base boards, cleaning grout, drinking fountains, desks, chairs, table legs, tops of offices, fixtures.
- Completes floor maintenance of hard surface floors requiring stripping, waxing, and buffing.
- Completes light general maintenance to include but not limited to: changing light bulbs and general office repairs with hand tools.
- Performs periodic floor drain maintenance as scheduled.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQURIED TO PERFORM JOB: Must be self-motivated with special attention to detail. Physical coordination and strength, manual dexterity and motor coordination. This is an unskilled position requiring constant standing, lifting, stooping, handling, walking, pushing, pulling, kneeling, bending, and seeing. The primary functions being light to medium in nature according to the Department of Labor Weight Classifications.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Exposure to cleaning chemicals as defined in Hazard Communications manual. Exposure to vibration in operation of equipment. Exposure to cold temperatures, warehouse conditions, and outside conditions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB: High school education or equivalent preferred. 1-2 years custodial experience preferred.
Important Disclaimer Notice: The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. PDI reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business, competitive considerations or the work environment change.
SCHEDULE: 20-28 hours/week - some flexibility available
A pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check are required.
PDI is a drug-free workplace and therefore prohibits the use of alcohol, illegal drugs, or any controlled substance other than an authorized prescription on company property. PDI conducts post offer drug screen as part of the employment process. EOE.
Competitive Pay Quarterly Bonus
401k match Employee Purchase Program
Company Activities Employee of the Month & Year